Wedding Gifts are common and a way of showing love all over the world. Here is a simple analysis of dowry items in Islam, developing countries and developed countries.
Dowry In Islam:
Islam is one of the most popular religion all over the world.
Islam does not allow expensive dowry items for Muslim parents. There is a list of Dowry items for Hazrat Fatimah (R.A):
1. One white dress,
2. One big piece of cloth for preparing the head gear.
3. One black towel, made in Khyber
4. One mattress, made from the fibre of a date tree
5. Two cotton mattress, one of goats fleece, and the other was filled with the fibre of date tree
6. 4 Pillows made of goat’s hide, filled with Azkhar grass
7. Two pieces of Hajari Mattresses
8. One manually operated Grinding Mill Stone
9. One cup made of Pewter
10. One musk (leather water container)
11. One big tray for washing clothes
12. One bowl for milk
13. One water pot
14. One earthen glass
15. One woollen curtain
16. Two earthen goblets
17. One hide for spreading on the floor
18. One shroud,
19. One lota (a multi-purpose vessel).
Dowry system in Pakistan
Pakistani men love to have rich brides, and do not know the real amount of Mehr according to Islam. In Pakistan, a dowry (from bride’s parents for bridegroom and his family) is comprised of these things:
Top 12 Wedding Gifts In Pakistan
Jewelry for bride Top Expensive Wedding Gifts In Pakistan
Jewelry for in-laws
Gifts for Groom
Clothes for bride & groom
Gifts for in laws
Arrangements for Wedding
Car / motor cycle / property
Men should be ashamed by looting the simple and poor parents of bride. They should follow the Sunnah in Real words. First they should pay a handsome amount of Mehar then take dowry of Mehr’s 12 %.
Dowry system in Developed countries:
A wedding is a charming event in developed countries. The couples are very happy to arrange this day at the religion places.
Dowry Items / Wedding Gifts in Developed Countries Examples
In developed countries, wedding gifts / dowry items are very economic. Such as:
Table Lamp Top 20 Wedding Gifts In Developed Countries
Small Home Appliances
Hello, I have been working as a freelance writer and a columnist for years. I do proper research before writing any type of content.